Sunday, May 26, 2013

challenge bandwagon

Hey, guys. I just joined another challenge. This one goes for 6 months, and yes, I kept up with the no cutting challenge. This one is the ghe, or greenhouse effect.
It works different ways depending I'd you are natural or relaxed. I'm debating if I even want to keep relaxing, so I figure this is a good way to find out. I'll be following the natural ladies method, which is plastic cap/bag, scarf, and winter hat. I typically sleep in my winter hat, anyway, but adding the kher two is a nice addition.
What you do is either spray your hair with a bit of water and then seal with oil, or just use the oil. I am finding that I must cut back on the water, and I use evoo. Never oil your scalp, or you'll block the sebum and defeat the purpose.
You also have to know your growth rate to see if this method actually helps. Mine us typically 1/4 inch a month. Some ladies are achieving half to a full inch. I'm hoping, obvs. for a full inch by this time next month.
But I'm looking for more protective styles. I lime Bantu knot outs, but my arms, yo. I just did bigger bantus last night, and I like the looser curls. Yesterday, someone asked if I nust let my hair go wild. I had to explain to the poor (Caucasian) girl that I have never seen my natural hair, and that I had to curl it to achieve the look I got yesterday.
Tafn :D  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages