Monday, August 27, 2012

Dancing Through Life


Sorry, no, it’s not a Wicked post – although the musical was fun, as was the book. I still have to read Son of a Witch, but that’s not what the post is about, lol.

This is about me dancing to my favorite songs to lose my last 20 lbs. If you’ve seen my previous post with the pictures of myself, hat was me about five pounds ago, and I know someone is going to say “Grrrl, you skinny ‘nuff, stop wit’ all dat madness”...Probably not like that, but you get my drift. I’ve gotten it a lot, from doctors, friends, family, my bf – No, I don’t have an ED, or disordered eating, and this is definitely not to bash anyone who does.

I just truly believe that if someone isn’t completely comfortable with something about themselves, they should be able to change it without any form of backlash, or whatever. Also, I could go into backstory, which I might if there are questions about what that might be, but to be blunt, I used to weigh less and I was more comfortable at that lower weight, so I’m adjusting my lifestyle to get back there. I’m doing this for no one other than myself.

Now, back to dancing. I may or may not have mentioned that I’m a fan of the k-pop (among other forms), and I especially love that k-pop has nicely choreographed dances (and even dance versions of their videos). I have picked some that I like – and even a couple that I’m none-too familiar with and I’m dancing to those. I was doing that before I got distracted with blogging and laundry. I’ll go back to it after this. Promise, I still haven’t danced to Breathe, Oh My God, and Twinkle Twinkle, yet.

I had Doctor Feel Good memorized at one point, but I have to watch it more and do it again. My favorite method of getting a really good work out is once I learn dances well enough in bare feet, flat shoes, or my tennies, doing them in heels, and increasing the height whenever I’m no longer getting the same result. I know I can only get heels so high right now. My highest seem to be 5.5 inches, maybe six, I’m not entirely sure, as my ruler has disappeared. 

 (I have this heel for dancing, but in black), it's currently my highest, and I'm guessing maybe 5.5.)

Anyhousenwhosen, I was working up quite a sweat just doing the few dances I did before this. It was Gee, 2hot, and goodbye baby. I love working up a sweat, but it always feels dirty…and I don’t like dirty…I guess I’ve got a love/hate relationship with the stuff.
(you can probably guess, this is Miss A's Breathe...well, a pic of it, lol.)


About the lifestyle change, though. It’s been interesting since I left the dorm with no kitchen – the place that shall not be named… Anywho, I’m attempting paleo, and easing my way into it. I really like it so far – lots of meat, fruits and veggies – all of which I happen to like. Little to no bread, which I really only like in two cases a) it’s pumpernickel (or rye, as it’s frequently called, but pumpernickel is so much more fun to say.) or b) my stomach needs settling and that’s all that’s on hand. I don’t like many bread products because after eating it, I feel bloated and gross. Meat, fruit, and veggies don’t do that to me.
But paleo also means cutting out sweets. I’m simply cutting down. Until I can confidently eliminate them. As with bread, sometimes pop settles my tummy (I work outside on the weekends and we only carry pop, so there’s no carbonated water without all the junk in it.)
Also, I’ve always been a walker, but living in the apartment has required that I walk even more, and more is always better – at least, when walking is involved. We also happen to live in a hilly area, so I get to go up and down inclines a lot. But I guess that kind of concludes the lifestyle change. My bf makes sure I’m always hydrated, we drink water together, he brings me water when he’s drinking other things (mostly because I ask not to have the other things), but sometimes treating oneself is fine. Just don’t go overboard. And be honest when you do.

I went an extra mile and also re-danced too hot. I got it better this time.

Just some more tiddlybits. Until next post. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages