Friday, August 31, 2012

Grudges



My post Kind of Sweet had one lesson from my mom, the one about going out and having fun no matter what. This one is about grudges.

Some people have grudges against others for reasons they probably don’t care to explain, or reasons they are just telling everyone about all of the time. I know people who are always talking about their grudges, but one thing I learned from my mom is that holding the grudge doesn’t hurt the person you’re mad at. Telling everyone who will listen probably doesn’t do much, either, really.

They’re going on about their lives completely indifferent about the fact that you’re mad at them – unless they thrive off of that kind of attention, and most of them don’t. They either don’t know, or genuinely don’t care that you’re mad at them. Which brings me to something a bit more disturbing, but I used to hear it a lot in church – I don’t know why. Pastors seem to be obsessed with telling people to let others know what they’re mad at someone for before they die, so they don’t die not knowing why you’re mad.

It makes sense, but that was … probably a bit awkward to read. I apologize, I’m not usually that morbid, I think…
Well, anyway. I don’t know what people do to get over their grudges, but I guess just think of it as a life lesson. People will do things – often unintentionally- that piss you off. Just go about your day – hard as it may be, and live your life to the best of your ability – and have fun with it, too. Don’t let them keep you down. (If they do care that you’re mad at them, and they want you to stay mad, the best way to get back at them without really getting back at them at all, is to have the most fun of your life, because then they’ll see that you aren’t affected by them, and they’ll likely stop – or at the very least find a new target. Unfortunate, but true.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages