Thursday, October 18, 2012

Lol, thursday twofer

might end up being a threefer...anyway, I cut my last post kinda short for brainfart reasons, but another thing I wanted to talk about was the fact that I really love to do my kpop dances, which I havent done in a few days...bad me.

anyway, I do them, alter the pace according to how well I actually know the dance (thanks for vlc player, lulz), and invariably end up the sweatiest mofo I know. I always have the videos on shuffle, and I go until I can't anymore, usually like...6 vids? Yeah, I probably posted about the dances before, but they're my main method of excercise, except the "weight lifting" after work on the weekends. (our equipment is...heavy.) However, I've caught myself lip syncing and singing along while im dancing...then I stop and try to put all of my focus into the dance, but ...I always end up singing or syncing again. I need more dances!!!!!!! However, I'm currently only interested in kpop. I'm sure other types of pop have fun cool moves, but...I'm a kpop fan, mostly...so...yeah. But I would like to learn dancehall. It looks like fun.

So, things that are actually going on, and nevermind my typos, I'm on a macbook, and freaking...trying to get a right click on one of these wonderful....pieces of equipment... I was assigned to make a linkedin for my class, and somehow, someone ended up calling my job for a reference or something like that...I can't tell if my boss was mad (he asked if I was looking for another job. I'd only kind of daydreamed about it, honestly), but I had no idea anyone was calling my job, and I've still not heard anything on the anon's part...

but I'm such a big fan of rice - especiallly sticky rice, but...I ate all my rice...so I need more. I mean, I've still got black rice, but...it's not sticky like they make it at the hmongtown market, so I probably got the wrong kind. However, I bet it's healthier for me than the other stuff, so I'll make some of that and just try to preserve it for a while (I have a terrible rice addiction. I make rice, and I WILL eat all of it.) Not saying I make pots of rice and eat the whole thing all at once, but...it's normally gone within a week... I know, there's no cohesion here...(is there ever?)

But for a while, I may have told you guys this...I was eating kimchi like every day , sometimes twice a day...I found out that you can and probably will O.D on that stuff. It probably also didn't help that I was having larger portions of it than are probably natural for...any living human being, Korean or not...But it just TASTES SO GOOD!!!!! But I realize that I do have a problem. That stuff does not last long around me...

Things I want to eat more: bananas, cherries (nevermind that I got nine yesterday at the bar (I ordered a hot cocoa and cherry pepsi)), spinach, but only if I can have caesar on it (I really miss the old spraybottle dressings...well, I can't mss them, because I never got to use them, but if they could make a sprayable caesar, I'd be all over that stuff), and baked chicken, but those things are not in season (I work near a farmer's market). Yes, I know, I can just go to the store for them, and eventually I will, they're just on my cravings list.

But onto hair. Mine looks ... terrible down. Pigtails: fine. Bun, even better. Two buns, sometimes rediculous because i can't ever get them to look the same so I usually give up and go to pigtails or single bun of varying altitudes, but once, I tried to just wear my hair down, and it...i'll stop there. I think my hair's just at an awkward stage, and once it gets longer, it'll look alright. The longest part in the back (as I may have mentioned before) is APL, but the rest is basically just shoulder/bangs. I know it takes time, but it seems to be taking FOREVAAAAR. However, I'm making progress, because before my last relaxer, my edges were like...too short for a ponytail, but just like, barely, so I could clip them up and hide it, but I felt like clipping it made them shorter, which is another reason I'm glad to not be in the dorms anymore, because in the cafeteria, no matter what your hair looked like, you had to be hat/scarf/hoodless, unless your religion dictated otherwise, nevermind being legitimately too cold. So, anway, my edges are long enough to get in there, but I'm always worried about my ponytails being too tight or something. I just want my hair to be an even length, but I don't want to lose any of the length I've go, 'cuz that would be contary to my goal, which I stated in my last post.

Did I ever tell you guys that I want to learn Muay Thai? I do. That and capoeira. I kind of tried before, but my instructors were also just learning, themselves, so...while it counts for something, it's not the same as learning formally, which I think would be epically awesome.


2 comments:

  1. I totally understand that hair thing you mentioned!! @-@ It's like I've been at the inbetween stage for so long --_--). I recommend you find half-up-half-down hairstyles, they're very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I almost forgot about those half up/half down ones, I used to always do them. ^_^ Thanks, Jun.

    ReplyDelete

Pages