Tuesday, October 16, 2012

True Thai and Candy Corn (pic heavy and kinda long, but enjoy it anyway)

I was finally able to get out with people and have a great time last night, which was a bunch of fun. I've been excited about this group date (which was originally supposed to be a double date that exponentialized rather quickly) since I heard about the original food group.

We went to a restaruant in a neighborhood where my mom used to have her old business (I had no idea it was so close to her old job), it's called True Thai.

Aiden and I ordered sukiyaki noodles and pad see yew, respectively. Both "Thai Hot", along with some curry puffs (sweeter than I expected, with a sweet sauce - absolutely delicious), and Anna's Fried Bananas with coconut ice cream (I didn't know it was an option, but the waiter asked if I wanted it, so of course, I said "Yes!". You should have seen me light up like a little kid, lol.

So, here are pictures of what we ate.
These are the Satay noodles. They put a carrot flower in there - cute, huh? He got pork. 


I thought it was nicely presented. I also like all the colors in there. But when they say "Thai Hot", they are not kidding! I enjoy spicy (remember the ghost chili wings?), so does Aiden, but maybe we'll order...medium? Next time.

This is the Pad See Yew. 

The large, flat brown noodles are probably the largest noodles I've had at a restaurant. very nice. I think there was bak choi in there, not sure, really. forgot to ask, and the chicken was GREAT!




I loved the rice (pretty much normal rice, but I like how they piled it in such a cute shape. I had something similar once, with the rice, pork and a sauce. very tasty. 





The curry puffs actually came first (from our order), and that's the sweet sauce I mentioned earlier. I really liked them (there were like, five in the order, I think.) 





The drinks come in boots (aside from water). I thought that was the cutest thing ever. However, the menu was a bit misleading, I think. It offered "Thai Lemonade", but it tasted just like..."American" lemonade. I was hoping that there would be a difference, as the name implied. I've never ordered "Chinese lemonade" just because I was at a Chinese restaraunt, you know? That's my only point there. 




This was amazing. The bananas are coated in a batter, and lightly drizzled with chocolate sauce (along with the ice cream), then you cut into it, and it's like a gooey banana heaven! Almost like banana wontons, but so delicious! Not that the banana wontons arent, this was just a tasty alternative. 





Here is the fortune cookie that comes with your bill. You pull the fortune out, read it, and of course, eat the cookie. It tasted thick and sweet ( I know thick isn't a taste, but it's thick compared to a Chinese restaurant fortune cookie (which are really an American invention)), and maybe a bit sweeter with a nutty undertone.




I want to put more lighting in there, so then you could see what I wore better. Ignore the white stain on the mirror, I got the mirror at a warehouse outside of an artist's studio. (No, I didn't steal it). It's just a bit of paint. Anyway, you can see the blazer hoodie, my I <3 Life bag, and a white top. I'm wearing a red lace cami under it (very long, by the way), a brown belt over the white sweater, and some brown knee high merona boots. Oh, and a pair of jeans. Blue jeans. Mostly, it was thrifted, except the cami, which I got at the Hmongtown Market, the sweater that I got from a friend, and I think I got the bag at a plato's closet. 


I did a very simple ulzzang make and wore my lenses. It got notice, which was kinda cool. 
Sorry it's blurry, we were on the bus, and I don't have a steady hand whatsoever. If you look closely, you can probably see that my fingers were done differently, I did mostly black nails with a stripe of red, except on the middle fingers where I inverted it, red nails with a black X. (I was very bored, and figured that even though my pinky nails are the longest on my hands, there was more room on the middle ones. :P I've been playing with designs lately, like this one from when I was going to work. 




That's my "I woke up at 6 am and didn't put makeup" face. 




Anyway, now, it's time for the candy corn. 



It has orange and yellow cotton candy, but they're very pale shades. 


See, you can hardly tell the difference. I'm not sure how to describe the smell, either.  It's not like candy corn, I can say that much. But it isn't unappealing, either. 




Here you can see all the nutritional goodies, and the ingredients, if you look hard enough. Sugar, artificial flavors and colors (yellow #5, yellow #6 (which is probably why the difference in color seems so subtle.) 

As for taste, I'd give it a b, I guess. Texturewise, well, it feels like cotton candy, which is great, 'cuz that's what it is. I remember eating different colored cotton candy as a kid, too. Now, i usually stick to pink, purple, and blue. I prefer blue. I think it's really just a color thing, though, because I can never tell the difference in taste unless they put a strange one in there, like "green apple", "grape", or something rediculous like that. 

tomorrow, I'll put up my review of the count chocula bar, if I can find my camera cord. Thursday, I'll do the cherry fun-dip, and if I can find internet on friday, I'll do the red vines. (I love red vines). 

Ooh, I also have a nice tip for if you need to remove difficult makeup. (I made the mistake of buying a waterproof eyeliner (liquid, of course) from  a drugstore and until this product, I would either scrub the death out of my face trying (and failing) to remove it, or just wait it out after a normal wash. (I like to use noxema, because it feels so extra clean.) Anyway, there's this blue clearasil (I think) product, I'll review that sometime too. (I found out this morning before I left for school. I just figured I'd try it, and wouldn't ya know it, the clearasil (or whatever it is) worked. 


Oh, but before I go, here's an epic rap battle I hope you haven't seen. I posted it because we talked about the debates on our way back, and Romney made a comment about the 47%, if you didn't know. I'm sure it's on youtube, as well (the debate, that is), but it had me laughing very hard. 

http://youtu.be/dX_1B0w7Hzc check it out there. 

Anyway, that's all for now, guys. <3<3




4 comments:

  1. I like your nails! I never have enough imagination to do different designs on each nail =3=).

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I LOVE the picture of you in your winter clothes!! XD It looks cute to me, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. @hongi, I'm sure you can do it. Just practice some more. ^__^

    ReplyDelete

Pages