Wednesday, October 10, 2012

V05 Conditioner& Shampoo Review


Bwahahahahahhahahha!!! Time for another review! I’m writing as I go, which is probably not a good idea, ‘cuz I’ll be wet pretty soon…lol.
Anysnooch, I’m reviewing two v05 products, the herbal escapes kiwi  lime squeeze clarifying shampoo, and herbal escapes free me feezia moisturizing conditioner, after the use of which, I’ll be continuing with my hair regimen. Just a note that I have used vo5 products before, but I normally use the strawberries and cream one. I just can’t seem to find it anymore. It was my FAVORIIIIIITEEEE!!!!!!! Oh well, I decided to give these a try instead. (I know, I didn’t get the matches, but whatever.)








The kiwi one looks really green, pretty unnatural, but I like it. The smel is nothing spectacular. I don’t really think of kiwis when I smell it. It’s not striking me as particularly lime-y either, but oh well. It feels cool, like a gel, but better. I haven’t put it in my hair yet.











Here are the ingredients for the kiwi shampoo: 

Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Ammonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, DMDM Hydantoin, Polyquarternium-7, Benzyl Salicylate, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Butylphenyl Methylpropional Linalool, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Benzyl Benzoate, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Yellow 10 (CL 47005), Blue 1 (CL 42090), Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Panthenol, Cymbopogon, Schoenanthus Extract, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Peel Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi), Fruit Extract, Niacinamide, Biotin. (from CVS website)


The freesia one smells absolutely deeeelicious!!! I love what they’ve done with this. It has a very slight purple tint, which I think is cute. It feels like a lotion, which I really like about it. So, now I’m going to put them in my hair and see the results.

Ingredients for the Freezia conditioner: Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Stearalkonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth- 21, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Glycerin, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Extract, Freesia Refracta Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate, Biotin, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 20, Ascorbic Acid, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Benzophenone 4, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance (Parfum), Ext. Violet (CI 60730). (also from CVS website) 

Both are about 15 oz. 

Oh, but before I do that, I’ve never used a clarifying shampoo before (I know, bad bad me. I just didn’t know any better – we all start somewhere, and I usually just cowash, anywayz. - ) So, here we go, for reallyz do. (I’m definitely not hood enough for hat…I apologize…but I’m probably going to keep doing it anyway.)
Well, that was refreshing. I just got done with the clarifying shampoo, and my hair feels…clean? I guess.. not sure how different it’s supposed to feel from a normal shampooing. Well, I don’t hate the results, so…that’s good. On to the conditioner.

Well, I gave myself a small scare, I thought it was burning my scalp, but I just scratched too hard sometime during the day. Ooh, my hair feels soft! So, no ill-effects from the products. 

Well, on to my usual hair-washy-regimen.
I’ve put my coconut oil in as a hot oil treatment, and since I’ve re-heated it with the blow dryer, I’ve wrapped a scarf around it, so now all I have to do is wait until I feel like it’s time to wash this stuff off. Usually, I’ll use my garnier strengthening conditioner, but I use that one so often that I should probably take a break and stick with this vo5 one. I’ve got scott pilgrim on, so I may wash it out after the next couple of fights. I love the kitty fight, “back off hasbian!” hah!
Oh, and after that, I know I shouldn’t use two kinds of heat, ‘cuz that’s a big hair no-no, but I do. Except today. I blow dryed, and then did braids. I hope it turns out ok tomorrow, but with the way I sleep…probably not. Lol.

My hair lasted all night in the braids (I cheated and used barrettes though, so idk if it really counts...) but I didn't like how a braid-out looked on me, so I ended up straightening my hair and putting it in pigtails. I didn't use much heat, and since my hair was essentially in four sections, I just went over each section twice. I'm not sure I'd even really count that. I probably should, but won't. 

I use a purple Remington flat iron from target that's apparently been switched out for a digital model (basically the same thing but with a digital temp counter instead of the clock one. I got mine on sale for 12 bucks, the one they're selling now is like, 19. Not much of a difference, and I'm sure it'll do the same thing, if you really want it to. 


kk, that's all for my review, I'm going to review something tasty tomorrow! hehe! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages