Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cover it up! and Work.


Hi, all. I’m back with a work-related post, well, kind of, anyway. Just not the first three paragraphs, not including this one. 

     It’s really about clothing styles that irk me. The first is easy, leggings. To me, they are not pants. I don’t care if they have pockets now. If it is made of spandex or similar material, it is not outerwear. You may choose to wear them all you like in lieu of pants, go ahead, continue. Don’t take this personally. It’s just this:

      I am not out to stare at your ass or (as it’s been noted here, and apparently it’s rather prevalent) “camel toe”. No one wants to see that – well, there may be guys who want to, I guess, and it may just not be something you’ve thought of. Or maybe it has, I don’t know, it’s really your prerogative. I just happen to not like it.

Are there cute leggings? Yes, of course. Are they cuter with a skirt or shorts over them? In my opinion, yes. But that’s not the point of my post today. It’s going to be a rant, sort of, so sit tight.


        After I got off of work today, I was minding my own business on the bus, when I saw a girl get on with rather nicely done makeup. It may or may not have been gyaru style, but it struck me as such, initially. It was dramatic, anyway. She was really pretty, and so was her dress. … until I noticed that it wasn’t a dress when she went to find a seat (the bus was crowded, so I thought it was a dress for a long time). Once her outfit was in clear sight, I saw that the “dress” stopped about mid-hip. She had black “things that were not shorts” on under it, so I guess the world got a free show of her undies…needless to say, that is not what comes to mind when I think “cute outfit!”. I don’t know what happened to covering up, but it seems like while most people see to enjoy it, there’s a growing number of those who do  not.

       Now, back to work. I never actually talk about my work life, really. I only work weekends again (yeah, so much for “structure”), but I don’t mind that too much. So, anyway, work is like a big clique at my job. Probably because the main girls there all go to school together, and they’ve been working there for a long time, but they make it known when you aren’t accepted in their little group (it is rather small, right now. My former ride left, and despite having started on the same day as me, he was immediately accepted).

    I don’t mind so much now that I have people to talk to. My paleo buddy left, but I have Biker, Blue, and Black . Black is accepted in the group, but that doesn’t bother me, because we still talk.
You might be wondering why this seems like such a big deal, so I’ll tell you now. We work in the same part of the stand. I’ll only be dealing with nicknames for people just to keep privacy. (My real name isn’t even Olive, so…yeah.) There’s the Ringleader, Slim, and Twin. I don’t have anything against the group, personally, it’s just that work is not high school, and after months of feeling rather isolated, it’s just annoying.

     One thing that annoyed me last weekend was the fact that I never really talk to the ringleader (it’s a two-way street, of course. I’m just not the type to initiate conversation, and two of them seem to have the idea that I’d even think about stalking them…idk), but I was talking with Biker, the subject matter being my boyfriend, and the Ringleader decides to cut in and ask which building he works in.
I thought nothing of it, and since I’m not good at describing things, anyway, just said some stuff and went about my business. But after we were done tearing down, I realized what happened in that exchange, and it bugged me a bit.
  1. 1)   >.> …you never talk to me, but you want to know where my boyfriend works?
  2. 2)   …You were not a part of this conversation, and it concerns you in no way
  3. 3)   …Even if you did decide to come to his building, because of his job, you would not be there very long.



My boyfriend is a security guard. He also doesn’t like people, especially the nosy ones, I could list other attributes my boyfriend doesn’t like, but that’d be kind of rude, so I’ll leave off. I’m not saying that the Ringleader really even wanted to go see my boyfriend’s building, it was just all kinds of rude, in my opinion.
I guess nothing really happened today, except to reiterate my point that these girls think I’m going to stalk them, I over heard one of them saying that she was going to one of the temples I used to go to with someone else a couple of years ago. Thinking she was a regular and that I might have seen her there before, I asked if she goes there often. She got so scared for only G_d knows what reason (even if I were into girls, I’m very sure she would not be my type, and I’m not a stalker), and then I clarified that I knew one of the families that has been at the temple basically since it got started there.
Talk about self-absorbed. Really? I want to stalk someone? On one of their holidays no less? Someone I never talk to? Reallllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? I'm seriously "not about that life"...

      Another incident is where the Ringleader was talking about this club I used to go to. I just told them some things they should know, because they were useful to me (the things I told her) And she got all shocked and asked if I go there. I told her that I hadn’t been in years, which is true, and I don’t actually plan on going to that club again, to be honest. I’d rather try a different one out for a change, but anyway, she turned around and shouted to J (who mind you is in his 40’s with 3 or 4 children) that he should join her and whoever else was going.

      Did I want an invite? No, because I really don’t want to associate with them outside of work if I don’t have to, mostly based on the way they act. Also, I have no intentions of visiting that club again in the future, no real reason other than that there are many other clubs I could go to, or there’s a sky bar I’ve been interested in for a while. Did I still find it incredibly rude? Of course. It may or may not have been, but the way I was raised, if someone tells you about something you should know, and you don’t want them to go to it, at least wait to invite the people/person you do want to hang out with once that person is gone.

       Oh well, rude or not, Karma gets everyone. Nice and not so nice alike. I like to believe I’m a rather nice person, but after being shoved around so much of my life, I’ve had enough. Now I stand my ground, and if you piss me off, you will be notified. If it was an accident, it can be worked out, if it was on purpose, you literally cease to exist to me. I’m not saying that I “get rid” of you, but outside of a professional manner or being minimally civil (if you are behind me and I’m going out of a door, I will hold it), expect no more than that.

         I’m sure we’ve also been through my character coming into question. I know I have good moral standing. If you tell me that I’m doing something morally wrong just because you aren’t getting in on the same deals, or whatever it is, and I know my morals are sound, you also don’t exist to me. You didn’t raise me, I didn’t grow up with you, and from the sounds of it, anyone calling my morals into question has to be jealous of something, because while I may not be perfect, I know right from wrong, and I do the right thing most of the time (unless it’s simply “the lesser of two evils”, in which case, there’s no winning, anyway).
Wow, what a rant. I think that’s all for now. It was a big, busy weekend since my boyfriend’s parents, brother and sister came into town. I was working during most of their stay, so I hope when they come by again I won’t be so busy. Also, his mom made some super delicious cherry pie. ^__________________________^ (My fave!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages