Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday Twofer?

I may have to start calling it that, I know for sure on Tuesdays I post twice, I think Thursdays too, because I have class on those days, so I'm required to bring my laptop (except this thursday, 'cuz there's no homework!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!), and when I bring it I get bored easily, so I surf the internet, and then I start blogging (again) after class, lol. Yeah, my first post normally goes up before class because I usually have about 45 minutes before class starts, and then I do it again after lunch, lol.

So, anyway, I was surfing, which I'm also doing right now, watching some Tre Melvin. I'll put the video I'm watching here later, and I'll be sharing it on my facebook, just to hopefully spark a bit of discussion...somewhere...maybe.

Anysnooch, I was surfing the interwebz of doom, and I stumbled upon a blog related to hair that reminded me of my hair routine, and the fact that because of the recent dip in temperature/increase in dryness my region seems to have taken up, I need to follow up with my regimen more often. It also reminded me that I saw new growth this morning, which reminded me that at the end of next month, it'll have been about 3 or 4 months, and I'll need to relax my hair again.

Oh, but my hair regimen, the thing I most enjoy about it is the utilization of coconut oil (which I found discounted at TJ MAXX when I went to my old neighborhood, it's even the same organic brand that my mom used to use), so I have two jars of it, and because I don't also cook with it, the stuf has been lasting quite a while. This makes me happy, because coconut oil isn't exactly cheap. I bought it because a) I used to use it when my mom kept it in the house, and
b) ever since I've been finding that you aren't supposed to use products with mineral oil in your hair (and I understand why now), this is my oil of choice. It heats up nicely, makes my hair soft, and has basically no taste/smell.

The only drawback will be in winter, when I invariably will use too much, not be able to wash it all out, and leave the house to find my hair frozen...I know this from experience, and the trial/error that seems pretty consistent with me...I always use too much. What I'd like to do next time is maybe massage small chunks of it into my scalp before I rinse it with the black tea (I'm a fan of black tea rinses). I do this about twice a month, but I may have to do it three or four times, since I'll have to start washing every other day. I cowash, of course, except every other time, I use a shampoo. My regimen works really well for me, and I can't wait to achieve my goal (but I know I have to, I'll have to wait a long time, lol. My goal is like, hip length. My mom had hip length hair before, I'll have to see her again to find out if she's gotten back to that length.)

Ok, on to the video. (It's gotten silent, so now I want another one) Rather self-explanatory, "You Talk Like A White Boy". It reminded me hat when I used to call places (like for job interviews), and then show up, they'd always say "You sound so different on the phone". Like...what was I supposed to sound like?

But I find what he says to be true. There are exceptions to the rule, but the rule is pathetic.

Anyway, on a brighter note, I'm going to find something cherry scented, flavored, or related before I go home to start in on my hair regimen, homework, cleaning, and relaxing time.

Have a fun day <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages