Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Highlights!



Hey, guys, I just wanted to post some stuff that's been going on very recently!

First, I finally got more kimchi. (Most of you probably don't know how much of an addict I am, but I put that stuff in ...lots of things.) I went out and got it yesterday after my Financial Accounting homework was all done (I have NO desire to be an accountant! It's just a required class).

I'm excited to be at the shop more often, and hopefully I'll move from breaking wheels to cleaning bikes and tidying up the shop soon, and then I'll learn how to repair them.

I also spoke to my mummy a couple of days ago (she lives in another state), and I learned that she's been drinking her veggies. I fully support her in those endeavors, and eventually, in exchange for trying her veggie drinks, she'll try my kimchi! I can't wait! I also learned that my little brother and sisters are doing really well in their basketball/soccer teams. They're home schooled, so they get to do travelling teams, well, I suppose normal school kids get to as well, but I wouldn't know, really.

There are also some things I want to do, like get henna in my hair, but normal henna this time, I tried black henna last time, and not only could you not tell that it was in my hair, but I made a mess and had black hands for a while...Oh, and the sink was black...not cool. The only thing I'm worried about with this henna is that since I already kind of have natural red highlights in my hair when the sun hits it, that you'll again not be able to tell that I've got henna'd hair. My grandma used to henna her hair when she was younger, and she didn't like the red tint. I naturally have it, but I want to intensify it a little.

I also need a full-length mirror. I never thought about it when I was in the dorms, it was attached to our dorm doors, so ootd pics would have been easy if I ever wanted to do them, but in the apartment, we rather surprisingly don't have one. I don't want to use the school's bathroom mirror because even though it's full length, it's a bathroom, then there's the fact that not only is it not my bathroom, but it's a public bathroom, and I know I'm starting to sound like a germaphobe, and there's other reasons I don't like public bathrooms, but I'll stop here, maybe I'll post about it later, maybe I won't. Idk right now.

One thing I've been wanting to do, and slowly getting around to, are making these recipes in a Korean/Japanese cookbook I found at Borders before it went out of business. I need to start buying meat more regularly, though. Luckily the farmer's market is still in session, so i can keep getting veggies there. I really want to try the chicken gochujang stew, while watching dramas or more Fringe. To get my "fix", I've been watching the features whenever I can.

But I've set a few goals for myself. The first is learn some of my Kpop dances well enough to do them without having to watch the videos (usually practice or dance version), keep on my languages, and lose weight. I've started weight watchers while trying to ease myself into paleo, and no, don't worry, I'm not shelling out tons of dough for their actual program. (Sorry for anyone who actually is, I guess) I'm doing it the "free" way, by finding out how many points things are through various resources on the net that have been compiled. Interested in more weight loss resources, please comment, however, back to the post.

I've had a few discrepancies with the points, though. some people say that a point is worth 50 calories, but some say it's worth 70. I usually calculate 70, because if it's fifty, the points I'm required to eat  (20 to 23, I think 29 was the max calculated on some website) are borderline anorexic (I've done some research, don't ask). However, my second or third day, I ate about 61 points (and 61*either 50 or 70 is pretty flipping high!), and lost a couple of pounds. The weight loss has been slow, and not entirely steady, mostly because I usually eat between 24 and maybe 35 points, but I seem to lose weight on days where I severely over eat, like the day I had 61, it baffles me!

Oh, one last thing, I've had a potential future job offer, which makes me happy to know that even months after I left the dorms, I've been thought of well. I think it says something when one of the staff wants you to work for them. ^___________^ I can think of people I remember well, and some I remember not-so-fondly, and it just makes me think that no matter how horrid someone is to you, they likely don't want to be remembered in a bad light, I'm not sure why they would, but it happens nonetheless.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages