Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Election Day Adventure


Election Day Adventure




Of freaking doom!
We’ll get to that in a sec, though.
First off: I dropped my transcript off at uni, and found out that they’ve already started reviewing my app. I’m nervous, but not negatively. Then I went to eat, ‘cuz I was flipping starving! Not even healthy food, I went to one of the biggest Micky D’s I’ve ever been to, and then since the bus wasn’t here, yet, I went to CVS to check out wether they had Moon Pies (I’ve been Jonesing every since a Korean Snack Tub episode….)
Anyway, they didn’t have that, but what’s better than half price Halloween candy? Free Halloween candy, but since I didn’t get that, I found some half price.
SO AWESOME!!!
Have I shown you guys this owl? hand carved. neat, 'eh? Yes, it was huge. 

Then I waited for half an hour for a bus, the ride was about as long, and then begins the adventure. Since I’m not good at orienteering without a compass, we’ll call the directions 1, 2, 3, and 4, like a square.
So, I head in direction 1 for about a mile, maybe a little more, when I turn to direction 2 for about 1.5 miles (keep in mind, I’m wearing a 15 pound+ backpack this whole time), then I head in direction 3 about two blocks only to find that the polling place was closed. So backtracked direction 3 by two blocks, headed in direction 2 for four more blocks, and then direction 4 for a good 1.5 miles, when I gave up and took the bus what ended up being another mile, only to find out that the place I ended up at wasn’t my polling place, either. The people were helpful, surprised I walked so far (I did not tell them how far I actually walked, that would have bored them, I’m sure.), and sent me in the right direction. Well, backtracking direction 4 by foot 2.5 miles, I took the bus back in direction2, and headed back in direction 1 for half a mile. Voted, and walked back to the bus stop so I could go home.
This is my profile pic on cyworld, do you have one? 

Lesson learned: the internet sucks, and if you don’t know where to go (because your polling place closes without notice – I’m sure there was, I just didn’t get it…), call your county.

So, that was my adventure. And yes, I still did my legs workout, ‘cuz there’s no fucking excuses this month, election adventure gone awry or not!

But I’m sore…just not from my workouts …yet…        
Anyway, I hope you all went out and voted. No, I don’t regret my experience, today. I was so determined to not come home until I voted that I probably subconsciously made more trouble than I had to for myself just to make sure that I did go vote.
Yes, I'm this ADD if you guys can't tell already, lol. 

Remember, every vote counts. If you don’t like something, vote to change it. If you’re hunky dory the way things are, vote to keep them the same. Just don’t get mad when you didn’t vote and the opposite of what you fancy happens.

Now, we shall await the results. ^_____^
         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages