Tuesday, November 27, 2012

thxgiving fitspo...late...


 It’s been a while, ‘eh? Well, Let’s start with thanksgiving, huh?
So messy, lol. 


I did not end up in Oklahoma – which I’m not even sure I mentioned to you guys, but we were invited to Oklahom, but my new work schedule conflicted with it, so we ended up staying home and having our own thanksgiving. It was nice, I slow cooked the chicken all night, and made four cheese oven mac. So delicious, I’ll maybe give you the recipe later, if you want it. I make that every thanksgiving, except last time because someone got to it before I did, wait, no, that was two thanksgivings ago. I was at a strange house, that’s why.


Well, anyway, being the non-traditionalists that we are, we also had pizza, and now I know why mom used to get mad at the grapes magically disappearing *coughi’maddictedcough * Sorry mummy. (It’s ok, I talked to her on the ohone about it. She just laughed. )
We wwatched movies, but then he got called in to work.
I have to work Black Friday – well, he does too, but no one will be at his building ‘cuz it’s not a store, lol. I don’t know what black Friday is like around 4 pm, when I start, but I hear that we’ll probably close late.


Anyway, what else has happened since I last blogged to you all? It doesn’t seem like much, except that I had a full shift of work last week, and it went nicely. I still don’t know if I prefer the floor or the register, but I think the floor because there is always something to do. Not that there isn’t on register, but…the floor interests me a bit more, I guess. I still haven’t worked fitting rooms, and from what I can tell, we all rotate areas whenever we work, which is great, because we didn’t at the deli, which resulted in much burnout.

***ramblytime***
I want more grapes. (I just finished a cup…ugh. Now we know why I don’t buy these, I will go through them so fast. Same with cherries, but they’re not in season, and I refuse to settle for cranberries – tart little devils they are. YUCK!)


Anyway, another reason I’m glad I have this job is that on deli pay, I wouldn’t make enough to go paleo. With this job, I have no doubt that within the next month or so I can start stocking up on all my paleo-ish favorites, (you can even eat bacon, so long as it’s virtually unprocessed, which means you’d best find a farm to buy it from, but look, farmer’s market open year round! Woot woot! I’m a happy camper!)

Scratch all that, I'm keeping deli on the weekends, since I close the other store on weekends, lol. Well, so far. I'll see if they'll just let me do that. 


Aiden and I have agreed that since He’s the Carb King and I’m Protein Queen, that I’d be the main one buying meats. Which is fine by me, because I’m also the main one eating them :P. As for fruits and veggies – I believe I’m also in charge of those because I like them so much, and you best believe that I’m including much kimchi. Since that shit never goes bad, I’m hitting up BOTH Asian markets and getting my Kimchi ON. Hardcore.
And veggies are usually cheap at that one market, so I can go there, and I want to try Hmongtown, because I know they have lots of veggies there. (Which would also give me an excuse to buy one or three of their egg rolls. They’re so different from the ones at Chinese restaurants, and really, the only kind I’ll eat, lol.)


Ooh, speaking of Paleo – look, sue me, alright, I’m eating pre-flavored intant oatmeal. (It was a buck, and I need something in the meantime ‘cuz those bananas are KILLING my stomach, not in the “Oh, that just means you’re getting your fiber on, guuuurrl”, NO. It’s killing me in the “I need to find a vomitory receptacle before I get to school” manner.) So, I’m trying to go easy on my stomach, but even these oeatmeals have flax seeds in them. I remember when mom started using those. Ooh, I had no idea what was going on, but I won’t continue down that path because, well, you know, I don’t want to gross you out.

Walter: Everybody Poops, dear
Me:…*thought * I don’t even care, gross, dude. Not blogging about it.
K, well, that was a Fringe reference, ‘cuz I’m such a nerd, lol. Ooh, I’m going through withdrawal, too. I don’t even know what I’m gonna do when that show is off air forever. I need my fix.

Anysnooch, what else is there, Oh, back to diet, lol.
I found this on Tumblr: If you do what you’re supposed to 80% of the time, the other 20% doesn’t matter: the 80/20 principle.
Speaking of which: I just went to look for it on my phone, found tumblr instead, and saw food pr0nz. …makin’ me want to buy all them veggies!!!!
So, I also found another one:
How to lose weight:
1)  eat right
2)  Workout
3)  Drink Water.
Pic of amazing abs right next to them.
Which brings me to my next point:
I also came across this afer a day of tumblring (exaggeration, but still)
But the pics like these where the women have color are largely ignored...I shall forever reblog HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Is fitspo just as damaging as thinspo:
Ifyou don’t know what I’m talking about,
Fitspo is fitness inspiration, pictures, quotes, etc. of healthy people, generally in extra-fit shape being all healthy-like, and encouraging the reader to do the same.
Thinspo is genrally attributed to people with eating disorders, with pictures of people ranging from skinny to emaciated where you can see all of their bones, and quotes about how to resist eating longer, and such.
Some thinspo, doesn't all look like this, but a lot of it can.

I can see where on a venn diagram some of these things might intersect, like the fitspo pictures tend to have skinny people as the subject, but these skinny people also have muscle tone/definition, and the quotes aren’t “that’s not hunger, that’s your stomach applauding”, but things like “if you give up now, what was the point of even trying”, or something like that.
So sure, someone could use fitspo as thinspo, but that’s not the message I even saw one pic yesterday (I know, one out of like, a million) where a rather large woman was in the olympics lifting a barbell that probably weighs more than my real dad (and hence, would also weigh more than my stepdad, just given proportions), so yes, she was fit, and healthy, and on that picture, it was cropped with another one on the bottom that said “I know that this – pic of large strong lady – is just as much a fitspiration as this – pic of skinny woman who has muscle tone just kind of sitting around smiling )

So then there’s the argument of banning fitspo. Here’s where I’m like : IZ U STOOPIT?
Do NOT ban my Fitness Inspirtation, key word being FITNESS. Dear Freaking G……and here’s where I need to say “woosah”….
I just think people need to learn the difference (like I did), and then choose the healthier route. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages