Friday, November 30, 2012

Dancehall Friday


I’ve just started watching this movie about dancehall, well, somewhat, it’s called dancehall queen, and I’ll get to the background eventually, I’m not even sure why I clicked on the link to it (youtubeing again…), I wasn’t’ watching anything related to dancehall today, except for part of a Beyonce vid that I actually saw a class do a dance cover of, just moments after realizing that Michelle Obama  and Beyonce wouldn’t be on it after having skimmed the description…I skim a lot…

So, anyway, I was just clicking random videos, and saw this one. I think one of the main characters looked like my friend who I tried to find on Facebook earlier that day, but it doesn’t matter.
Within the first half hour, it became the absolute saddest thing I have ever seen. (Though, I should keep in mind that I haven’t seen many American movies, either, so my scope of “saddest movies” could be kind of limited…but that’s beside the point). There’s this man who’s not actually an uncle, what’s shaping up to be the worst mother on the planet (ok, one of them, but I’m sure you catch my drift), and the uncle’s all mad ‘cuz the girl is hanging out with a boy her own age, the mom’s not stopping him because of TERRIBLE ass reasons, just TERRIBLE, I can’t even…I just.. but I’m still gonna finish this movie, and probably watch a few others, ‘cuz it is intriguing, really. I think the worst of it is over.  I just finished it, and it was a good movie with a happy ending, I’d recommend it.
But it made me remember that I want to learn dancehall! It looks like so much fun, and the things these people can do, I just can’t comprehend it right now, like, I didn’t know the human body could move like that, so now I want to figure out how it’s done, and do it myself!
But let’s put this in some form of perspective: I can only kind of booty pop. But I can wine, and…do some other club dance-y stuff…Oh, and I can follow choreography.
But if I could do that thing where I’m dancing and doing a handstand at the same time, that’d be pretty BA, huh?

K…maybe that sounded a little skanky…I don’t’ want to be a skank…I don’t like skanky hooers. But I think one can club-dance like a boss and not be a complete hooker. It is possible. I don’t even think it’s that rare.

That’s about it,r eally. I just wanna dance.


“I wanna dance with somebody, I wanna feel the heat with somebody!”…couldn’t resist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages