Thursday, November 8, 2012

Round 2 %'s, Goals, and a bit of Nerdyness.

Well, rest day is over, and now I get to start round two, upping the reps, and knowing a bit more about myself already.

my body fat % is in the normal range, which is alright, but I want it to be lower, like, in the "fit" range,
here are a couple charts to demonstrate what I mean:

Essentially, the same thing, but one has more colors, and an error, but nevermind that. 

So, I'm in the average category, and I want to get down to fitness. I really don't have that far to go, so I think by the end of this challenge, that would be possible. After this challenge, I'm going to look for more (there are several exercise calendars where I got this NEN one from, so I don't have to look far if I don't want to). 

What purpose would getting down to the fitness area serve, you might be asking? Well, for one, I'll look and feel better, which is a plus for sure, and for two, I can start working on another goal - get to the athletic level. 

"Now, why would you want to go and do a thing like that?" you might be asking. Well, for startskies, while it may neither help nor hinder my ability to eventually start training MMA, I think it would help that I won't have to work as hard, by the time I start, ....let me rethink how to phrase this and give it to you guys later, 'cuz it's in my head, but it's not coming out to my fingers very well...

But it probably won't have any effect on my MMA anything. 

"Why all this talk about MMA all sudden-like", you might be pondering. 
Well, it all started in the dorms, when one of my input brothers was doing his muay thai stuff in what used to be the smoking area. I wanted to learn. I was of course, told it was too dangerous and that I shouldn't (well, the exact words were more like "you are forbidden to learn muay thai, and if I catch you learning it, I'ma whoop yo ass". I took this as a challenge to learn it - very very very well, of course - and spar with said input brother later. Though, now I feel as though no sparring would be necessary, a of all) I'm a grown ass woman, and b of all) I started learning it from another friend, and had nothing but fun! My kicks improved super well, very fast. I have to work on punches, and everything else, though. 

I also want to re-learn capoeira and continue with that as well, then combine the two, 'cuz that sounds like fun. I dont' think I'll be revisiting judo. tried that for a couple years, and HATED it. Sure, there were some fun times, but...I don't think it's the sport for moi. 

I also want to learn Yoga. There's endless sources on the internet, but one of my coworkers is currently doing workshops on the philosophy of it, she used to teach yoga for years. I feel like maybe I could learn the philosophy of it from her, and the rest from el wonderful internet. Yes. Another goal. 
I also think mixing that with my stretches would help in my contortionism goals. I don't think I want to join the circus just yet, though. 


But there's one thing I've been neglecting the heck out of - Nerd Fitness, my original go-to for fitness related helps and infoz. So I'm back on the site now, after having mentioned it to my teacher this morning - I should thank him again for those dry-erase markers. Boy is Aiden in for a surprise when we get home tonight, lol. 
Anyway, back to the Rebellion (Hey, it's Nerd Fitness, emphasis on Nerd, yo.)

If you're a nerd, check it out, if you like fitness, also, check it out, if you're not, and you don't, you should probably still just give it a look just 'cuz it's fun and kinda funny. Star Wars, Mario, lots of cool stuff.  If you're Aiden - Hi ^___________________________________^

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/07/02/body-fat-percentage/

Here you go if you want more infoz on body fat percentages, 

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/ 
Here should get you started, that's just the home page. 

Happy Leveling up! ^___^



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages