Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pools and saunas are AMAZING


Sorry in advance for the lack of pics and this being a full three days late...

Hey, guys. Today (Saturday...) wasn’t so stellar ‘til I got home, had some food, did my workout, and went to the pool/sauna, which I tweeted about recently. ^_^

To start off, I woke up early, headed in to work, forgot my phone, only to find out that we’d each get to work a whopping 3 hours…I split my shift with a coworker, because we’re that slow…one of my other coworkers was there, he left a lot sooner, but I saw him playing his djembe  (sp?) drum in the café. He lives super close.

So, anyway, since the girl I was working with took the first three hours, and we weren’t both allowed to be clocked in, I went home to grab my phone. I figured that since I need to study, anyway, I’d grab my laptop and accounting book so when I got back, I’d study til it was time for me to start again.
(I'll put pics of it up later, I forgot my phone's connecty cord.) 

Well, I thought it would be a great idea to take my bike in ‘cuz I thought I knew a shortcut. Mistake one) wearing heavy backpack while trying to bike…Mistake two) I haven’t biked in a while, so I actually didn’t know a shortcut at all.

I still got to work before I was supposed to start again, but that was not fun. The brat guy was there, and despite having issues with him, I’m fully capable of being cordial. He’s not the brightest tool in the shed by any means, so …yeah… (People who know me know that I HATE stupid with a burning passion that shall never be quenched...sorry...wait...no I'm not. >. >) That was easily the longest three hours of my entire life.
I went home after we tore down (and by “we”, I mean “I”, because he literally does nothing but put condiments into boxes and tell everyone else to "find a place for them, but keep them together"... .) with a migraine from hell, in a bad mood, but I relaxed, anyway, and Aiden and I eventually hit the sauna. 

Then we went to the pool ‘cuz he was curious about the water, which was uncharacteristically warm , so we both swam for a while. Then we went back to the sauna (we were only in there for like, a minute, the first time.)

My workout today was …well, it was ok, I lost count, so I ended up doing a full 20 reps more than necessary, but that’s ok. Just means more strength. I have to do more next week, anyway, so I can get used to it now. I felt results on our way down to the pool, BOY does this workout WORK my legs. I have to add more variety to my abs and arms workouts, though, ‘cuz I don’t feel them at all/as much respectively the day after, like I do with the leg ones.

This could be because I used to work the living BLEEP out of my abs when I lived in the dorms. I was doing full hundreds, and other ab workouts. It was great, you could feel the muscle under…all of my…pudge…but still, the muscles were being worked, and I think maybe I just have to modify my workout schedules so I can feel my results.

I really enjoy feeling my results, gives me a sense of accomplishment. Also, in theory, anyway, one eventually sees results. Results are good. But now I’m just rambling.

My left ring finger kind of hurts, though. I don’t know why, it just does. I can’t remember doing anything dumb to it, but sometimes I’ll just have a random finger cramp on me while I type. Probably bad finger posturing…is that even a word? Well…word says it is…whatevs. Anysnooch, maybe I should invest in an ergonomic keyboard. My mom has one that she’s used for years. They take a while to get used to, though.


K, I think I’m done rambling your eyes off for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages