Wednesday, November 7, 2012

NEN week 1 update

as promised, here's my update to you all for week one of NEN.

I weighed in this morning before I ate, and while there was a five pound increase, there was a one inch decrease, and I feel like I"m looking better, so I can't attribute the weight to fat, and since my workouts are all body-weight except my cardio, I'll have to assume that some of it was muscle.
However, I did eat right before bed (probably didn't affect it much, but funny story here...well, in retrospect, anyway), so I'll be cutting potatoes almost completely out of my diet (you have no idea how serious I am about eating potatoes, if they are present in any form, I"m probably gonna have some. no lie), and the sweets that are allowed in the diet, I'll try to cut it down to like, maybe four days a week, more if necessary.

so, how I ended up eating last night right before bed:
I thought it would be a great idea to surprise Aiden, since he likes to eat and wach a movie for a while when he comes back from work, so since I couldn't sleep, I decided to try these rice wrappers that I found at the shanghai market (speaking of which, they have my favorite kimchi again!), and I got some green mung been noodles, because I wanted o make hmongtown egg rolls, and I figured once fried, these would be thin enough to be the perfect freaking wrappers! I was so excited! so I (mistake 1) flavored the oil how I wanted the chicken flavored - it was hot oil too) with way the fuck too much pepper, and some other things I like, and proceeded to cook the chicken while I worked on a wrapper.

next, (mistake 2), once the chicken was done, I put that and the noodles in the wrapper, but wanting to save on oil, I didn't put more in. I thought there was enough, anyway. The wrapper got stuck to the pan, noodles came out, and I was having a cough/sneeze fit because there was so much pepper in the air. so I turn the fan on...just bad all over. So I clean up a bit, put the unused food away, and head to bed, literally 8 minutes before he gets home. I figure I can pretend to sleep like nothing ever happened.

All to find out that he just wanted soup anyway, lol.

So, once he came home, and I heard him coughing, I felt kinda bad and went to 'splain myself. Then I hung out with him on the couch for movie time. 'til I fell asleep, 'course.

But it was still fun.

So, next week, expect an update from me. Today is resty day. Can't ait to up my reps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages